[Support-mirrors] Current requirements for a mirror.

Stefan Saasen s at juretta.com
Sun Mar 16 23:28:59 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I'm running a gem mirror on my machine (server located in Germany) and I'm
currently thinking about making it a public mirror (if you are interested).
http://rubyforge.org/docman/view.php/5/231/mirror_setup.html mentions that
300 GB Bandwidth per month is needed (for both file and gem mirrors).
As the disk space for the gems alone is about 2 GB now (as opposed to 1 GB
as of 6/15/2007) I was wondering what the current bandwidth usage for a
mirror is?
I'm happy to contribute the 300 GB bandwidth per month mentioned, but 300GB
would be the upper limit... Is there a way of only mirroring the gems and
throttling the bandwidth usage?