[Support-mirrors] Questions on RubyForge outages

Chad Woolley thewoolleyman at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 15:59:25 EDT 2006

Yesterday I noticed rubyforge was down, as well as gem downloads.  I'm
just curious of the details behind this, and why the gem mirrors
didn't help this situation.

Was the central server that is doing the round-robin down, or the
whole rubyforge domain?

Also, what happens if everything is up on rubyforge, but one of the
mirrors is down.  Is the mirror selection algorithm smart enough to
remove a server from the round-robin if it is down, or will people
just get a failure if they happen to get assigned to that server when
it's down?

Thanks,
Chad