[Support-mirrors] Another mirror provider?

Tom Copeland tom at infoether.com
Wed Jul 5 18:10:20 EDT 2006

Hi all -

Mirror providers ahoy!  After a long hiatus (during which Dennis'
network has carried 95% of the load), we've sorted out the mechanisms
necessary for more folks to help out with the RubyForge bandwidth load.
The new setup (*) is in place and ready to go.  Here's the current list:

rubyforge.rubyuser.de:       gems, files
rubyforge.halostatue.info:   gems
rubyforge.vm.bytemark.co.uk: gems, files

To host a file mirror requires about 3.5 GB of disk space and you'll
need about 400 MB to host a gem mirror.  I'm not exactly sure about
bandwidth usage, although I suspect it's about 400 GB per month if
you're hosting both a gem and a file mirror.

So, who wants to sign up first?  :-)

Thanks,

Tom
(*) http://rubyforge.org/docman/view.php/5/231/mirror_setup.html