[Support-mirrors] Mirror master down

Tom Copeland tom at infoether.com
Thu Jan 26 18:45:06 EST 2006

On Thu, 2006-01-26 at 16:34 -0500, Tom Copeland wrote:
> Hi all -
> You may have seen this thread on ruby-talk:
> http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/177135
> I daresay Dennis is working on things on his end; seems like the
> entirely lauschmusik.com domain has gone offline.

Just got a note from Dennis; service has been restored and all's well,
it was an unscheduled provider outage.  So RubyForge is back to full

A thought on this - once we get this new mirror architecture firmly in
place and a few mirrors are getting files pushed to them, the mirror
master going down for a few hours won't be too big of a deal since we'll
just drop the master server out of the rotation for a few hours.  As
things are now, rubyforge.lauschmusik.de is handling the load almost
entirely.  Dennis and I will keep working on getting the new "push to
mirrors" system working and good times will result.