[Support-mirrors] mirror setup questions

Tom Copeland tom at infoether.com
Tue Jan 17 22:27:37 EST 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-17 at 09:32 -1000, Vince Hoang wrote:
> I am interested in helping mirroring RubyForge. I like the idea
> of using a mirror master to offloa the bandwidth requirements to
> a faster host, but would greatly prefer pulling the mirror than
> having it pushed.

Sorry, forgot to address this the first time around... I think the
advantage of the "mirror master push" schema is the speed at which files
can get sync'd out with very little load on the machines involved.  By
pushing, it could take less than a minute for a new file to get sync'd
out to all the mirror, and that will only happen when a large file needs
to get transferred - not every 10-15 minutes.  I'd kind of like to stick
with this new "push" thing as long as possible...

Yours,

Tom