[Support-mirrors] Interested in running a mirror on dreamhost

Gregory Brown gregory.t.brown at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 12:50:44 EST 2006

Hello all, I've got a lot of bandwidth and space to share, so if you'd
like, i'll be happy to host a mirror.

There are a couple of minor caveats... dreamhost shared hosting plans
are not rooted, so they allow rsync only through ssh.

It's no trouble to offer up an account for whoever is administering
the mirror, and we'll probably need to put the actual content in a
fake root, as I don't have write access to /var

However, we can easily drop a mirrored file system into a folder on a
shell account, and if this doesn't pose a problem, then, let me know
what i need to do and I'll get started!

-Greg