[Support-mirrors] Lower file size threshold for mirroring?

Tom Copeland tom at infoether.com
Tue Sep 27 12:53:33 EDT 2005

Hi all -

Now that we're mirror-flush, I'd like to lower the minimum size for
mirroring - so that files that are larger than 500 KB would be mirrored
out.  Right now the threshold is 1 MB.  This change would get some
popular files served by the mirrors, including some narf releases,
net-ssh releases, allinoneruby, wtr, and various others.

This would mean an extra 151 MB of files would get replicated out to
your servers, and the bandwidth usage would increase by some amount
(hard to say how much).  If it turned out to be a problem, we could
either increase the threshold again or I could contact some of the folks
that have been volunteering to mirror and taken them up on their offers.

Any objections?

Thanks,

Tom