[Support-mirrors] Sharing the load

Tom Copeland tom at infoether.com
Mon Sep 26 09:32:07 EDT 2005

Hi all -

Right now everyone is sharing the load equally - I just do a rand() and
if it's > 80, choose Austin, else if > 60, choose Robby, etc.  This
makes it easy to calculate overall bandwidth usage by taking anyone's
numbers and multiplying by # of mirrors.

But, just in case, does anyone have a lot of extra bandwidth to spare
and would like to shoulder more of the load - i.e., more than 20%?   If
so, please let me know and I'll adjust the load allocations...