[Support-mirrors] GEM mirroring

Evan Webb evanwebb at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 18:25:24 EDT 2005

Sure, we could setup RRDNS on gems.rubyforge.org as well. I'd prefer
not use RRDNS as the actual mechanism to direct to people to a
different servers (instead of http redirects) because RRDNS has lots
of caching problems. Best would be to setup a few masters that know
all the others and just the masters are in RRDNS, they then still
server http redirects to other servers.

- Evan

--
When I do good, I feel good;  when I do bad, I feel bad,
and that is my religion.