[Support-mirrors] HTTP 300 error on newer Gems

Tom Copeland tom at infoether.com
Tue Nov 22 13:48:05 EST 2005

> Uhm, the problem is on my side, the script I used to trigger
> the sync of the other mirrors was flaky, I am gonna fix it asap.

Ah, cool, thanks much!

> Austin's host returns a 300, because it (mod_speling?) presents an
> option
> for other choices if it does not find the object specified.

Hm, yup, OK.  Austin, any chance you can turn that off?  It's probably
better just to fail with a 404 rather than present a list of options in
this case... and it'll save CPU time on your end, too...

> Btw, Tom, we should talk about setting up the mechanism which
> pushes the updates from your host to mine soon.

Right you are!  Hm.  OK, on my end, it's a Ruby cron job which finds new
items... how can I notify your machine of a new file?  I can hit a URL
if that would be helpful... or send an email... or something else, not
sure, whatever you think best.

Yours,

Tom