[Support-mirrors] Documentation updated, and 2 gem/file mirrors now online

Tom Copeland tom at infoether.com
Wed Nov 16 14:05:30 EST 2005

On Wed, 2005-11-16 at 11:50 -0700, James Britt wrote:
> Very good.   I've set up, perhaps even correctly, the rsync stuff on
> 30secondrule.com, so I should be able to mirror soon.

Cool!  That'll be great; right now Dennis and Austin are shouldering the
entire load.

> Is there a good way to test my configuration?

Hm.  You could try pushing some files on there, i.e.:

rsync -av local_directory rubyforge at remotehost:target_directory

and see if it can connect and copy up the files.

I didn't try the above snippet, but it's something along those lines;
Dennis, please correct me if I'm presenting that incorrectly...

Thanks,

Tom