[Support-mirrors] Gem mirror

Tom Copeland tom at infoether.com
Wed Nov 9 11:28:45 EST 2005

On Wed, 2005-11-09 at 08:33 -0700, James Britt wrote:
> > But anyhow, you may want to switch things around to allow Dennis'
> > machine to sync to yours instead... that's the wave of the future!
> What does that mean, "allow Dennis' machine to sync to yours "?
> What specifically do I have to do to get rsync playing nice with his
> machine?

Cool, let's nail this down so's I can put it in the mirroring docs.  I
_think_ that you need to open up port 873 and allow Dennis' machine to
push new files to your mirror directory.  So you would need to add a new
rsync endpoint in /etc/rsyncd.conf.

Dennis, does that sound right?  Do you know what that entry would look
like?  I've got plenty of examples of "pull files from me" rsyncd.conf
entries, but none of "push files to me" entries...