[Support-mirrors] Gem mirror

Tom Copeland tom at infoether.com
Wed Nov 2 08:51:22 EST 2005

On Tue, 2005-11-01 at 09:01 -0500, Chad Fowler wrote:
> > For starters, Chad, what's the URL that you've copied all the gems
> > to so
> > I can try to redirect some traffic there?
> >

> Hi Tom.  Here's the URL: http://rubygems.org/gems/

Super!  OK, all the gems are now being served from rubygems.org - the
index is still being served from RubyForge.  Here's the RewriteRule I'm
using:

 RewriteMap gemmirrors rnd:/usr/local/apache/conf/gemmirrors.map
 RewriteRule ^/gems/(.*) http://${gemmirrors:server}/gems/$1 [R]

Comment/improvements are most welcome.

Now to get some of the other folks into the rotation, figure out the
index thing, etc, etc...

Yours,

tom