[Support-mirrors] Gem mirror

Chad Fowler chad at chadfowler.com
Tue Nov 1 10:24:55 EST 2005

On 01-Nov-05, at 10:15 AM, Dennis Oelkers wrote:

> Hey folks,
> Am 01.11.2005 um 16:04 schrieb Robby Russell:
>> PLANET ARGON has the follwing setup:
>> http://rubyforge.planetargon.com/gems.rubyforge.org/
> Our mirror of the repository will be accessible via:
> http://rubyforge.lauschmusik.de/gems.rubyforge.org/
> I am in the middle of mirroring the files, should be finished
> soon. The cron-job for rsync will be run every 30 mins, 20/50
> minutes after the hour.

Oh cool, that reminds me.  I'm running every 15 minutes at 1,15,30,
45 (can you do 0 with cron?  I'm never sure.) :)

We should probably establish a minimum interval.  The problem with
even 15 minutes is that we might end up with 404s on attempted gem
installs.  Any ideas on how to deal with that?

Robby, are you using rsync or just straight HTTP get?  I see that you
have the yaml indexes too.