[Support-admins] GForge => Redmine

Tom Copeland tom at infoether.com
Tue Jun 15 07:29:53 EDT 2010

Hi all -

Jeremy Mariarz and Mark Imbriaco and I were talking about stuff at RailsConf and we agreed that it'd be great if RubyForge was running on Ruby vs PHP.  I started a Git repo and began fiddling with requirements... but Redmine really seems to have a lot done already, they have a plugin system in place, and there are a lot of people using it.

I think it'd be worth seeing if we could just port RubyForge to Redmine and code up any missing pieces - a MailingList model, some async job capabilities, and whatever else we need.  Perhaps we can use this maliing list for discussions if folks are interested.

I'll take a shot at an initial migration and report back.

Yours,

Tom