[Support-admins] Mailman config

Tom Copeland tom at infoether.com
Mon Nov 27 12:08:07 EST 2006

Hi all -

Anyone have any experience tuning Mailman?  If so, please take a look at
the custom settings here:

QRUNNERS: This seems to keep the outgoing and the retry queues down to
reasonable lengths - about 20 or so outgoing and 50-60 in retry.

QRUNNER_SLEEP_TIME: This setting vs the default (every second) seems to
help keep the load down.

SMTP_MAX_RCPTS: I hear tell that keeping this low prevents the emails
from getting rejected by some ISPs.

If anyone knows any more settings which are usually tweaked for
medium-sized Mailman sites, please let me know.  We've got about 450
lists now and are doing 10K-15K messages per day, most of which are on
the lists.