[sup-talk] Questions about offlineimap+msmtp+maildir+gmail syncing

Scott Henson sjh at foolishpride.org
Sat Jan 16 12:21:22 EST 2010

 On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 2:09 PM, Anirudh Sanjeev <anirudh at anirudhsanjeev.org
> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Excerpts from Eric Sherman's message of Wed Jan 06 18:26:20 +0530 2010:
> > I would add the ninjagod account to your sup config.yaml and take a look
> at
> > the wiki [MultipleAccountsAndReply][1] and the reply-from/before-edit
> > [Hooks][2].
> That helped, and my outgoing email seems to be sorted out. Thank you.
>
> > The fact that you're not seeing changes is not your fault--sup just
> doesn't
> > do it.
> Oh, that's too bad. Are there any plans to support syncing with IMAP or
> Maildir anytime soon? Either way, looks like I'll have to quit the Web
> interface and Evolution cold turkey and stick with sup!
>
> Since sup supports sync with mbox, is there any utility that takes IMAP
> and packs it into mbox format, or maybe converts Maildir messages into
> mbox?

I'm currently working on getting sup to support syncing back to maildirs.
I'm using a setup a lot like yours, with offlineimap syncing with an imap
server.

I've currently got a local branch that makes sup use maildir ids as the
internal sup id.  I've almost got sup to the point that it will sync back
changes to a maildir.  I have a few more bugs to work out, but I intend to
post a patch relatively soon.

--
Scott Henson