[sup-talk] Choosing a bug tracker for Sup

Kevin Riggle kevinr at free-dissociation.com
Sun Nov 1 20:17:31 EST 2009

Excerpts from Nicolas Pouillard's message of Sun Nov 01 16:52:08 -0500 2009:
> I would store and manage the first category using a simple YAML file.
> The bot acknowledges its updates by simply answering to the discussion.
> Those of the second category can be managed using a single email discussion.
> Since the discussion is central to the issue, tracking the original message-ID
> could be used as the unique identifier.
> About the issues identifier I see two options, either we try to allocate
> simple integers like most of the trackers or we just keep the unique (long)
> identifier.
> Then, optionally a simple set of HTML pages can be generated using the YAML
> file.
> About storage of the YAML file I would simply store it in the repository.
> If we make the bot accessible, we just have to periodically pull
> from it.
This portion of your proposed system sounds to me a lot like SD
(http://syncwith.us), against which writing your proposed bot would be fairly

- Kevin
Kevin Riggle (kevinr at free-dissociation.com)
MIT Class of 2010, Course VI-2 (EECS)