[sup-talk] Transitioning to OfflineIMAP

Nicholas Bergson-Shilcock me at nicholasbs.net
Fri Jun 12 18:14:55 EDT 2009

I've been using sup for the past year and love it. In an attempt to
speed things up, I'm hoping to switch to using OfflineIMAP and a maildir
source (I'm currently using straight IMAP). I've installed and
configured OfflineIMAP and have downloaded all of my messages.

Before I go any further, I wanted to know if sup supported any sort of
"graceful" account transitioning --  I'd ideally like to switch to
my new maildir source without losing the index information I have for my
IMAP source. The obvious way of switching over (removing my old source
and adding the new one) would mean essentially starting over. Is this
what I have to do or is there another way for me to switch?

Thanks! (And thanks for making sup such a joy to use!)