[sup-talk] Stack overflow in regexp matcher

Mark Drayton mark at markdrayton.info
Wed Aug 12 04:45:01 EDT 2009

Hi William

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 9:22 PM, William Morgan<wmorgan-sup at masanjin.net> wrote:
> Interesting. Looks like Sup is trying to split a header line into
> multiple email addresses and something's causing it to bomb. Are you
> able to identify the line that's causing this problem? That would be
> helpful to know.

Sorry, I should have dug a bit deeper before reporting this. I was
naively assuming it was a known problem (though Google didn't know, so
I guess it's not) and that the answer would be "upgrade foo".

The line it's choking on is 284058 bytes long and contains ~6400
addresses. (gotta love mail from "internal communications"). If I
halve the number of addresses it works, so perhaps this isn't worth
fixing at all. If you do want to tackle it I'm happy to help off-list.

Cheers,

Mark