[sup-talk] unable to sup-sync (new install)

Kevin Mark kevin.mark at verizon.net
Tue Sep 18 21:39:16 EDT 2007

On Tue, Sep 18, 2007 at 04:18:59PM -0700, William Morgan wrote:
> Excerpts from Magnus Therning's message of Mon Sep 17 23:27:23 -0700 2007:
> > If support for maildir++ is added (that's the extension to maildir
> > that allows sub-folders) then it would make sense to just add
> > maildir:~/Maildir and have all sub folders added as well.
>
> I've received a similar request for IMAP (add all folders at once). In
> the mean time, as you point out, you can sup-add each Maildir folder
> individually and take advantage of shell globbing to do it one command
> if desired. I'm content to leave it at that for the near future and not
> invest time in explicit Maildir++ support.
>
> --
> William <wmorgan-sup at masanjin.net>

I used this to add my maildir:
======================================
find ~/Maildir -type d|grep "/cur$"|rev|cut -d"/" -f2-|rev|grep -vi mfolder|while read line; do
        N=$(ls $line/cur/|wc -l)
	#find the number of messages
	#only add if non-zero (otherwise error?)
        if [ "$N" != "0" ]; then
                sup-add maildir:$line/;
        fi
done
sup-add noted duplicates, which is good.
-K
|_______  Unless I ask to be CCd, assume I am subscribed _______|