[sup-talk] Minor maildir change
wmorgan-sup at masanjin.net
Thu Sep 13 23:33:04 EDT 2007
Excerpts from Magnus Therning's message of Sun Sep 09 15:40:34 -0700 2007:
> I thought it was a little strange the file_path on Maildir objects
> returned `nil` so I changed that to return the path of the maildir.
Applied, thanks. #file_path is only used by sup-sync-back so I hadn't
bothered to implemented it.
> I am somewhat puzzled by the labels one receives from Maildir::each,
> it's the default labels for the source rather than the labels of the
> actual message.
It's supposed to be both sets of labels unioned together. The source
defines any user labels the user wants to automatically apply to new
messages (kind of a primitive filtering), and we mix these in with the
labels that carry over the read/unread state, etc.
> Especially confusing was the choice to label something 'unread' if
> it's filename doesn't contains an 'R'. IIRC 'R' means that the email
> has been replied to, it would have been more correct to mark it unread
> if it doesn't contain an 'S' (as in seen).
Yep, this was a bug.
> However, it seems silly to take any of this into consideration when
> sup doesn't deal with maildirs "properly" anyway. I've removed that
> strangeness, at least until a full maildir implementation makes it
> into sup.
Hey, as far as Sup is concerned, a source is just a dumb bucket that
occasionally produces a new messages. So in that sense, Maildir is dealt
with "properly". (Sup-sync-back only exists because of the unfortunate
habit of Sup users of wanting to using other email clients alongside
William <wmorgan-sup at masanjin.net>
More information about the sup-talk