[sup-talk] Sup on Windows

William Morgan wmorgan-sup at masanjin.net
Mon Oct 8 17:38:25 EDT 2007

Excerpts from Christopher Warrington's message of Mon Oct 08 02:28:51
-0700 2007:
> I can get Sup to work on Windows using cygwin,

> but it doesn't handle UTF-8 messages properly (or so it seems).

The UTF-8 support is pretty wonky, even on Linux, because ncurses
doesn't really support wide characters. There's a ncursesw, but no Ruby
wrapper for it except for something from 2005 which I haven't had to
energy to play with yet.

In my setup, I can see most European and accented characters fine, but
anything else displays as garbage.

William <wmorgan-sup at masanjin.net>