[sup-talk] Unicode

William Morgan wmorgan-sup at masanjin.net
Wed Jul 25 14:50:47 EDT 2007

Excerpts from Dan Sully's message of Wed Jul 25 10:54:23 -0700 2007:
> I'm using LANG, but with xterm-color (via Terminal.app to a Ubuntu
> box). That setup works fine for Mutt, fyi.

If you cat out a utf-8 file, does the terminal display the right thing?
If so, I would think that would work for Sup... at least under my
current mental model where ncurses doesn't do anything except put out
raw bytes which the terminal interprets.

> > What *doesn't* work right now is calculating the lengths of unicode
> > strings, so the display is a little screwed up for characters that
> > take more than one utf-8 byte. But still usable.
>
> Ok, that would make sense.

And in fact it's actually only a problem in thread-index-mode when
someone's name is a rfc2047-encoded header. In every other case there's
no character alignment issue. :)

--
William <wmorgan-sup at masanjin.net>