[sup-devel] Ruby 1.8 compatibility patches for Heliotrope and Turnsole.

Matthieu Rakotojaona matthieu.rakotojaona at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 02:39:35 EST 2011

On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 6:50 AM, William Morgan <wmorgan at masanjin.net> wrote:
>> P.S. Did you take a look at
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/sup-devel@rubyforge.org/msg01071.html ?
>> I'm interested in two-way sync as much as is sanely possible (both
>> gmail and regular imap), without it, I sadly don't think I'll ever be
>> able to become more than a casual observer.
> I am more than happy that someone is working on this, but it's not a
> problem I personally want to address.

I am currently working on a IMAP frontend to heliotrope [0]. It is not
entirely functional yet (mostly has encoding errors), but it's more or
less functional. Coded with love, not expertise.

Problem : to use this, you will have to use a modified version of
heliotrope (mostly only a new method in heliotrope-client to fetch
only messageinfos and not the whole body if needed). I'll send a merge
request when I have the time, that is next year.

Happy new year !

[0] https://github.com/rakoo/imaptrope