[battleship] tournament infrastructure feedback

Steve Iannopollo steve at iannopollo.com
Wed Dec 17 00:05:20 EST 2008

> What the battleship_tournament gem easily installed?
Yes

> Was it clear how to generate a player?
Yes

> Was the generated player easily modified?
Yes

> Was it easy to build and deploy your player as a ruby gem?
I ended up building a rake task that would build my player as a gem,
uninstall the previous version of the gem, then install the new
version of the gem.

> How did you like the submission process (rake submit)?
Very simple.

> Was it clear that you could submit multiple times?
Yes

> Do you have any suggestions for next time?
I wasn't able to get the locker room feature working properly (flog
said it wasn't installed properly even though I could run it on the
command line, it said I had test failures even though all my tests
passed). The debug version of the battleship.lll didn't log anything
helpful, so I wasn't able to figure out what the problem was. Better
logging of errors would be helpful.

Can't wait for the next tournament!

-Steve