[Rubyinstaller-devel] Tackling README.txt

Phillip Gawlowski cmdjackryan at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 06:04:55 UTC 2013

Howdy, y'all.

I'm considering tackling re-writing the README for the RubyInstaller, and
would like to know what should be included.

Without a lot of pondering on my end, I saw the following to revise, in no
particular order:

1.) Markdown syntax, for nice GitHub formatting
2.) Add basic compilation instructions (an idea for the website, too. Took
me ages to figure out that I should consult the README) and replace the
Quick Start
3.) Update the instructions for Ruby 1.9, and relegate 1.8 instructions to
a secondary position
4.) More links (Google Group, GitHub, RubyInstaller itself)

Thoughts, feedback, cross-post to RubyInstaller, too?
Phillip Gawlowski

gplus.to/phgaw | twitter.com/phgaw

              -- Leibniz