[Rubyinstaller-devel] devkit and compiling non-ruby programs

Dominic Sisneros dsisnero at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 19:35:02 EDT 2010

How do I use the devkit to compile other programs.  For example I downloaded
zeromq and unpacked it.  It uses autotools

cd c:\tools\zeromq

then what do I need to do

bash configure ?

C:\Documents and Settings\Dominic E Sisneros\My
Documents\downloads\ruby\zeromq\zeromq-2.0.9>bash configure
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /bin/install -c
/bin/sh: /c/Documents: No such file or directory
configure: WARNING: `missing' script is too old or missing
checking for gawk... gawk
checking how to create a ustar tar archive... none
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... no
checking for cl.exe... no
configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH
See `config.log' for more details.

I don't know all the steps needed