[Rubyinstaller-devel] Installing libxml-ruby gem on mingw32

Mikael Rudberg mikael at iced.se
Wed Sep 30 07:44:26 EDT 2009

Hi

Sorry if this is a bit of-topic for the actual installer. I wondered if
anyone managed to get the libxml-ruby gem to compile on the mingw32
version of ruby and if so how to go by doing it?

I've managed to get the compile a lot of gems with native extensions but
libxml-ruby is complaining when i run "gem install libxml-ruby" i get
"extconf failure: need zlib"

I use : rubyinstaller-1.8.6-p383-preview1 and devkit-3.4.5r3-20090411

Any suggestions are highly appreciated

/Mikael

<http://rubyforge.org/frs/download.php/62212/rubyinstaller-1.8.6-p383-preview2.exe>