[Rubyinstaller-devel] Recommended autocrlf settings?

Charles Roper reachme at charlesroper.co.uk
Wed May 27 13:38:24 EDT 2009

2009/5/27 Luis Lavena <luislavena at gmail.com>:

> git config --global core.autocrlf false
> And then clone a repository. The CRLF affects all the text files
> checked out in the working copy, and thus generate issues for even git
> status and git diff.
> I believe msysGit assumption to set it to true is foolish, but who am
> I to say anything?

Good, that is what I have it set to. Both my main text editors (E Text
Editor and Vim) handle either CRLF or LF line-endings properly,
thankfully. I was getting a bit perplexed by the setting apparently
not 'sticking' but I found that Vista was placing it in the

But anyway, thanks for the advice Luis - I had completely forgotten
about your blog post, and my subsequent comment on it. :-)