[Rubyinstaller-devel] Recommended autocrlf settings?

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Wed May 27 08:51:15 EDT 2009

On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 9:06 AM, Charles Roper
<reachme at charlesroper.co.uk> wrote:
> Hey guys, what is your recommended setting for autocrlf in Git? I see
> conflicting advice all over the place and now I am suffering a bout of
> self doubt.

autocrlf is a old-school and silly way to deal with a text-editor
limitation issue.

git config --global core.autocrlf false

And then clone a repository. The CRLF affects all the text files
checked out in the working copy, and thus generate issues for even git
status and git diff.

I believe msysGit assumption to set it to true is foolish, but who am
I to say anything?

Read my comments and yours on this subject at my blog: