[Rubyinstaller-devel] Updated MySQL and SQLite3 gems for Mingw

Mike Hodgson mhodgson at gmail.com
Sat May 16 19:58:57 EDT 2009

Hi Luis,

I didn't use your forks, I built from the original gem source. I
installed Mingw Ruby and the development environment and added the bin
directory to my path. Next, I copied the MySQL and SQLite development
files (headers and DLLs) into C:\ruby\devkit\msys\1.0.11\usr\local .
After that, it only required the usual change to the .gemspec (change
platform to Gem::Platform::CURRENT).

The MySQL gem is built on 5.0, I already ran into the 5.1 headaches :)

I was also able to build and install the do_mysql and do_sqlite3
extensions by just adding '--with-mysql-dir=/usr/local/mysql' and
'--with-sqlite3-dir=/usr/local/sqlite3'  to my gem install lines. The
Data Objects extensions were always a pain on the VC6 OCI, so this was
nice :)

I'll take a look at your forks now, I've been so busy at work I
haven't had time to keep up on new developments or look at
rake-compiler yet.