[Rubyinstaller-devel] devkit ssl.h

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Sat May 9 16:25:33 EDT 2009

2009/5/9 Roger Pack <rogerdpack at gmail.com>:
> I wasn't sure if the devkit download was or not supposed to include an
> ssl.h file?

No, the devkit doens't include any OpenSSL or any header files except
the ones for Windows itself.

You will need to download or build OpenSSL binaries (or static libs)
to be able to have those.

See sqlite3-ruby repo at github and also mysql-gem for hints on how to
do it (or at least how I do it).

> Thoughts?

previous version of the devkit included files from extracted OpenSSL,
readline and others. Moving to the gem approach, those files will not
be available in the by the gem itself, so I decided to avoid confusion
and only package the MSYS+MinGW binaries.