[Rubyinstaller-devel] GCC 4.3

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 14:09:51 EDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 10:43 AM, Roger Pack <rogerdpack at gmail.com> wrote:
> If anyone's interested my fork has an option GCC43=1 to use GCC 43
> instead of the default.
> http://github.com/rogerdpack/rubyinstaller/tree/master
> feel free to use or merge if useful.

Awesome work Roger!. Definitely I'm going to merge those into dsl branch.

> I originally tried also adding extra CFLAGS like "-march=native -O3"
> but the subsequent build broke [not sure which one caused it to do
> so].  Just building with GCC43=1 seems to work all right though.

Yeah, native optimizations are not 100% working, tried that once and
reverted to -O2.

I'm going to work over the next few days on testing GCC4 and GCC 3.4.5
builds of Ruby.

Trying to get mingw-w64 working too, had a Xeon at the office for a
couple of days and looks like my migration to x64 should happen soon.