[Rubyinstaller-devel] Current Zlib module hangs Ruby

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 17:06:47 EDT 2009

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 4:54 PM, Nikolai Weibull <now at bitwi.se> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 19:58, Luis Lavena <luislavena at gmail.com> wrote:
>> No, there is no text.rb file in RubyGems repository:
>> http://rubygems.rubyforge.org/svn/trunk/
> Well it certainly did here.  Perhaps a bogus rubygems version got
> pulled for some reason.  As I said, there were a lot of issues with
> the rubygems that I got by the commands below:
>>> % rake CHECKOUT=1
>>> % rake package

Definitely I'll take a look to that, sorry for the problems.

>> There are a lot of moving parts that need resync, RubyGems, Ruby and
>> others needs to be reviewed.
>> Just copy rubygems_mingw over ruby_mingw and you have a ruby version
>> to relocate to any path you want.
> That's what I wound up doing :-)

> Anyway, I've gotten most things set up and am looking to get a win32
> release of character-encodings out the door soon.  The new ruby
> installer really looks promising.  So far I have the feeling that the
> mingw-based build is one or two times faster than the latest ruby
> installer.  Thanks!

character-encodings you said? great!

I hear some guys looking for that gem! :-D

Had that in my todo list for the past weeks, but job took over my free
time (and I was traveling a lot).

Keep us posted and let us know anything that we can do to help you on this.