[Rubyinstaller-devel] Current Zlib module hangs Ruby

Nikolai Weibull now at bitwi.se
Thu Mar 19 15:54:26 EDT 2009

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 19:58, Luis Lavena <luislavena at gmail.com> wrote:

> No, there is no text.rb file in RubyGems repository:
> http://rubygems.rubyforge.org/svn/trunk/

Well it certainly did here.  Perhaps a bogus rubygems version got
pulled for some reason.  As I said, there were a lot of issues with
the rubygems that I got by the commands below:

>> % rake CHECKOUT=1
>> % rake package

> There are a lot of moving parts that need resync, RubyGems, Ruby and
> others needs to be reviewed.

> Just copy rubygems_mingw over ruby_mingw and you have a ruby version
> to relocate to any path you want.

That's what I wound up doing :-)

Anyway, I've gotten most things set up and am looking to get a win32
release of character-encodings out the door soon.  The new ruby
installer really looks promising.  So far I have the feeling that the
mingw-based build is one or two times faster than the latest ruby
installer.  Thanks!