[Rubyinstaller-devel] Current Zlib module hangs Ruby

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 14:58:21 EDT 2009

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 2:52 PM, Nikolai Weibull <now at bitwi.se> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 17:26, Luis Lavena <luislavena at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 12:04 PM, Nikolai Weibull <now at bitwi.se> wrote:
>>> I just downloaded, built, and installed the one-click installer and it
>>> seems that
>> This one, right?
>> http://github.com/oneclick/rubyinstaller
> Yes.

>>> Also, rubygems_mingw/text.rb doesn't get included in the installer.
>> rubygems has no text.rb file I'm aware of.
> It does now.  I cloned the repository (sorry about using the word
> "downloaded" earlier), did

No, there is no text.rb file in RubyGems repository:

> % rake CHECKOUT=1
> % rake package
> and then installed using the generated msi.  I should note that in the
> RubyGems that this downloaded there was a problem with the --destdir
> command line option to setup.rb, but the RubyGems developers seem to
> be aware of the problem and are hopefully going to fix it.
> Perhaps I shouldn't have done CHECKOUT=1?

There are a lot of moving parts that need resync, RubyGems, Ruby and
others needs to be reviewed.

Will have time over this weekend to resync master.

I recommend not building the Microsoft Installer (MSI) package, since
the files changed are not being included in the manifest.

Just copy rubygems_mingw over ruby_mingw and you have a ruby version
to relocate to any path you want.