[Rubyinstaller-devel] Current Zlib module hangs Ruby

Nikolai Weibull now at bitwi.se
Wed Mar 18 13:52:52 EDT 2009

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 17:26, Luis Lavena <luislavena at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 12:04 PM, Nikolai Weibull <now at bitwi.se> wrote:

>> I just downloaded, built, and installed the one-click installer and it
>> seems that

> This one, right?
> http://github.com/oneclick/rubyinstaller

>> Also, rubygems_mingw/text.rb doesn't get included in the installer.
> rubygems has no text.rb file I'm aware of.

It does now.  I cloned the repository (sorry about using the word
"downloaded" earlier), did

% rake CHECKOUT=1
% rake package

and then installed using the generated msi.  I should note that in the
RubyGems that this downloaded there was a problem with the --destdir
command line option to setup.rb, but the RubyGems developers seem to
be aware of the problem and are hopefully going to fix it.

Perhaps I shouldn't have done CHECKOUT=1?