[Rubyinstaller-devel] Moving Ruby 1.9.1 forward on Windows

Roger Pack rogerdpack at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 09:54:09 EDT 2009

So perhaps somebody could answer some questions for me I'm a little confused.
I hear things like "you can compile against any version of msvcrt.dll you want"
and then...the question is
you don't actually need to have that specific version of msvcrt.dll
installed in the system, by default it will just "use" the version
that's contained in msvcrt-ruby....dll
Is that right?
does "msvcrt-ruby...dll" contain a copy of msvcrt.dll within itself?

Also, was there any concensus on whether errno differences were fatal?

Sorry to bore Luis with this stuff :)
And in the end I don't care what happens.

I'd be happy to spearhead any devkit gem, as well.

Thanks!
-=r