[Rubyinstaller-devel] md5

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 12:09:30 EDT 2009

On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 11:45 AM, Roger Pack <rogerdpack at gmail.com> wrote:
> Currently it appears the mingw create script skips downloads if they
> already exist on the file system.  Maybe we could add md5 sums for
> each file so we can check the downloads?

Downloads are placed in a temporary folder while download. once
transfer is complete, they are moved to the final location.

Since is using streaming (and not open-uri) it should not have
discrepancies in the actual files being downloaded.

But I guess that having md5 hashes could be helpful.

Keep in mind that some of the downloads are 4MB, if md5 computation
needs to happen on those files, needs to be faster.