[Rubyinstaller-devel] New FAQ page on GitHub wiki

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 13:07:07 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 1:58 PM, Jon<jon.forums at gmail.com> wrote:
>> We need to add a new one:
>>
>> Why when I uninstall Ruby some files remains there?
>>
>> http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=26467&group_id=167&atid=715
>>
>> People hated old installer for that, and now they complain it no longer does! :P
>

> Just so I'm clear, will the new installers remove the entire install directory upon uninstall or will installers leave only the files they (the installers) didn't install?
>
> Meaning, if files are installed via RubyGems or manually, the installer will not delete them, correct?

Correct. It will only remove the files that the installer is aware of.

So: after installation I've called "gem install rake"

When I uninstall, rake scripts and gem will remain there.

installed components. You was forced to backup your gem stash on every
update of the installer and be careful with the message boxes.