[Rubyinstaller-devel] [ANN] pik 0.0.2 Released

Roger Pack rogerdpack at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 12:27:01 EDT 2009

> If that is the case, I then wonder if it would be possible to have
> something like...
>
> c:\ruby\bin containing
>  ruby.bat
>  gem.bat
>  run_ruby_gem_command.bat # this one takes a parameter

I like pik it has a nice interface.

To clarify the suggestion, it was [to implement --global option]
create something like
c:\ruby_generic_bin # always stays at the first of the path

when you do
ruby switch some_version
it clears, then propagates c:\ruby_generic_bin
with .bat files to call back to the "right" executable/batch files
within the currently selected ruby's bin folder.

Then other command windows will be updated, and also it has
persistence from session to session.
If it sounds agreeable I could code it up in my fork.

Thoughts?
=r