[Rubyinstaller-devel] Preparing installers for preview release and some headaches

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 08:47:20 EDT 2009

On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 4:59 AM, Charles
Roper<reachme at charlesroper.co.uk> wrote:
> Luis Lavena wrote:
>> Since at work I've been updating some applications and thus, building
>> some installers, wonder if going back to InnoSetup worth a shoot.
> What were your reasons for attempting to move away from InnoSetup in the
> first place?

The decision was driven by Administrative installs and ClickOnce
installers, where administrators can propagate updates to
installations or perform updates in a networking environment.

Also doing MSI was ideally with the "Windows Logo" compliance, but WTH...

> I think it is perhaps best to release whatever is going to be easiest for
> you right now and then look at more sophisticated installers later.

I have to agree. Point taken, lot of problems and now I see the light.
Thank you.

What I'm going to do is create a branch called "wix" as today with
master and get rid of everything MSI related from master itself.

Stay tuned :-)