[Rubyinstaller-devel] Shared mingw ruby devkit folder

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 18:06:17 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 1:08 PM, Gordon Thiesfeld<gthiesfeld at gmail.com> wrote:
> Now that I have 5 versions of ruby on my laptop, and 3 of them mingw,
> I decided to only have one devkit instead of 3.  I modified the 3
> batch files, and copied them in to the bin folders of each version.
>
> I don't have time for a proper writeup right now, but here's more
> detail: http://gist.github.com/123684
>
> Once the devkit gem is released, this may be unnecessary, but I
> thought someone might find this useful.

Thank you Gordon for sharing.

Basically I have a similar setup, that you can see here:

http://github.com/luislavena/binfiles

Hopefully the devkit gem will get released next week, which lead me to think:

Where the devkit gem should put the batch files? side-by-side with
ruby\bin or where the gem got installed?

Also, since the gem will be shared across version of Ruby (thanks to
Pik and GEM_HOME), what about "devkit check" command to ensure all the
batch files are in place?

Just checking, more to come on that subject ;-)

Cheers,