[Rubyinstaller-devel] Preparing installers for preview release and some headaches

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 17:31:45 EDT 2009

Hey Guys,

I've been preparing the repository to, at last, push a preview release
of both 1.8.6 and 1.9.1 versions of Ruby.

To follow after, devkit gem and some instructions/tutorial on how get
gems like mysql and sqlite installed.

But the thing that is blocking me right now is WiX.

While MSI packages are great, WiX is for hardcore people, definitely.

Been struggling with updating the WiX Fragments, and maybe rebuild
those form scratch.

Also tried going WiX3 and newer Paraffin...

Gosh, I'm exhausted.

Since at work I've been updating some applications and thus, building
some installers, wonder if going back to InnoSetup worth a shoot.

That means will have to invest a few hours getting new installers,
shortcuts, filelist and such for 1.8 and 1.9, but I believe could be

What are your thoughts guys? That is the last stab that is blocking
the Installer release.

Thanks in advance for the comments guys!