[Rubyinstaller-devel] Rip

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 10:21:23 EDT 2009

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 6:20 AM, Charles
Roper<reachme at charlesroper.co.uk> wrote:
> This is interesting:
>
> http://www.rubyinside.com/rip-ruby-packaging-system-1837.html
>
> How will this affect Ruby for Windows? Will it make life better?

Is quite interesting how Chris used RUBYLIB and PATH, but the usage of
symlinks is not good for us on Windows.

Unless they change or move to a config file based selector for active
environments, we would be out of luck with it.

For other stuff (like RUBYLIB and PATH), I've pointed Chris to take a
look to Pik on how to alter current processor / shell environment ;-)

One important point is that RIP does not handle native extensions or
anything, is more for libraries. In that front RubyGems is light years
advanced.

Regards,