[Rubyinstaller-devel] [ANN] pik 0.0.2 Released

Roger Pack rogerdpack at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 08:50:30 EDT 2009

> I'm not sure what you mean here.  My plan is to update the local
> session via batch file, and the whole Windows environment via
> WIN32OLE.  I also plan to use ftype and/or assoc commands to update
> things.  Is there a flaw in doing it this way?  Am I missing
> something?  I don't know how to update icons (at least automatically),
> but I don't know if that's something I care about or not ;-)

Interesting.
I might well end up using this :)

I wonder if one difficulty is that currently open console windows
remain fixed to the old ruby version.

If that is the case, I then wonder if it would be possible to have
something like...

c:\ruby\bin containing
  ruby.bat
  gem.bat
  run_ruby_gem_command.bat # this one takes a parameter

you could always just leave c:\ruby\bin in your path, and rewrite the
.bat files depending on which ruby you'd like to next use.

run_ruby_gem_command would be like run_ruby_gem_command mongrel
or what not.

Just thinking out loud!
-=r