[Rubyinstaller-devel] [ANN] pik 0.0.2 Released

Gordon Thiesfeld gthiesfeld at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 11:52:03 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 2:41 AM, Luis Lavena <luislavena at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 7:03 PM, Gordon Thiesfeld <gthiesfeld at gmail.com> wrote:
>> pik version 0.0.2 has been released!
>>

> Also, I've started to open Issues on GitHub to keep track of what I
> find from this side of the line (hope you don't mind).

Not at all!  That's why I posted here first.  I want to iron things
out before I release it to the masses ;-)

> Doing system wide can be tricky, or propagate that change to the whole
> environment requires some DLL injection.

I'm not sure what you mean here.  My plan is to update the local
session via batch file, and the whole Windows environment via
WIN32OLE.  I also plan to use ftype and/or assoc commands to update
things.  Is there a flaw in doing it this way?  Am I missing
something?  I don't know how to update icons (at least automatically),
but I don't know if that's something I care about or not ;-)

> Right now I only need to have one ruby in the PATH to be able to fire
> it, which is cool :-)
>
>>  Specs are very incomplete.
>>

> Maybe I can help you out on that front ;-)

That would be great!

> Again, awesome work man and thank you for sharing this.
>
> PS: Please post to Ruby-Talk, lot of folks will rejoice from using this!

I plan to post it, possibly over the weekend.  I am hoping the fine
folks on this list will put it through its paces first.  This could
potentially wreck someone's ruby install, so I want to make sure it's
fairly solid/stable.

Thanks for the feedback!

Gordon