[Rubyinstaller-devel] [ANN] pik 0.0.2 Released

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 03:41:12 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 7:03 PM, Gordon Thiesfeld <gthiesfeld at gmail.com> wrote:
> pik version 0.0.2 has been released!
>
> * <http://github.com/vertiginous/pik/tree/master>
> * <Gordon Thiesfeld>
>
> PIK is a tool to switch between multiple versions of ruby on Windows.
> You have to tell it where
>  your different ruby versions are located using 'pik add'.  Then you
> can change to one by using
>  'pik switch'.
>
>  It also has a "sort of" multiruby functionality in 'pik run'.

Awesome work Gordon!

I just switch from my arcane batch files and DLL injector in FreeBASIC to pik!

Also, I've started to open Issues on GitHub to keep track of what I
find from this side of the line (hope you don't mind).

> == FEATURES/PROBLEMS:
>
>  Currently, changes are to the open cmd session only.  I haven't
> wired up the --global switch yet.

Doing system wide can be tricky, or propagate that change to the whole
environment requires some DLL injection.

Right now I only need to have one ruby in the PATH to be able to fire
it, which is cool :-)

>  Specs are very incomplete.

Maybe I can help you out on that front ;-)

Again, awesome work man and thank you for sharing this.

PS: Please post to Ruby-Talk, lot of folks will rejoice from using this!