[Rubyinstaller-devel] SLJL

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 00:26:09 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 1:33 AM, Roger Pack<rogerdpack at gmail.com> wrote:
> Question.
> If a user cross compiles using GCC 4.x on linux, does their code
> compile to windows code using SLJL or Dwarf-2 unwinding?  Does it
> matter?

The question is someone manage to cross-compile GCC 4.x to target
mingw32, it will be SLJL or Dwarf-2, correct?

Well, the answer will be which parameters they use to cross compile it.

AFAIK all the cross-compiling targets for GCC I saw are using default SLJL.

But that only is GCC 4, mingw32 packages and ports for many solutions,
including SUSE are using GCC 3.4.5

Is my understanding that will only affect if exceptions are thrown
across shared library (dll) boundaries.